Capitalized terms not defined in this Acceptable Use Policy have the meaning stated in the Master Agreement between Client and Alegion (the “Agreement”).
Your use of Services is subject to this Acceptable Use Policy.
If you are found to be in violation of our policies at any time, as determined by Alegion in its sole discretion, we may warn you or suspend or terminate your Services. Please note that we may change our Acceptable Use Policy at any time, and pursuant to the Agreement, it is your responsibility to keep up-to-date with and adhere to the policies posted here.
The content that you provide and that is processed through any application or web site utilizing the Services shall not contain any of the following types of content:
- Content that infringes a third party’s rights (e.g., patent, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights) according to applicable law;
- Excessively profane content;
- Hate-related or violent content;
- Content advocating racial or ethnic intolerance;
- Content intended to advocate or advance computer hacking or cracking;
- Other illegal activity, including without limitation illegal export of controlled substances or illegal software;
- Drug paraphernalia;
- Malicious content;
- Illegal or objectionable content;
- Other material, products or services that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third-party rights.
In addition to (and/or as some examples of) the violations described in the Agreement, you may not and may not allow, request, or direct any third party, including your end users, customers, or the workers accessed through the Services, to:
- Generate or facilitate unsolicited commercial email (“spam”). Such activity includes, but is not limited to:
- sending email in violation of applicable laws including without limitation the CAN-SPAM Act or any other applicable anti-spam law;
- imitating or impersonating another person or his, her or its email address, or creating false accounts for the purpose of sending spam;
- data mining any web property to find email addresses or other user account information;
- sending unauthorized mail via open, third-party servers;
- sending emails to users who have requested to be removed from a mailing list;
- selling, exchanging or distributing to a third party the email addresses of any person without such person’s knowing and continued consent to such disclosure; and
- sending unsolicited emails to significant numbers of email addresses belonging to individuals and/or entities with whom you have no preexisting relationship.
- Send, upload, distribute or disseminate or offer to do the same with respect to any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content;
- Intentionally distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature;
- Conduct or forward pyramid schemes and the like;
- Transmit content that may be harmful to minors;
- Impersonate another person (via the use of an email address or otherwise) or otherwise misrepresent yourself or the source of any email;
- Illegally transmit another’s intellectual property or other proprietary information without such owner’s or licensor’s permission;
- Use the Services to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Promote or encourage illegal activity;
- Interfere with other users’ enjoyment of the Services;
- Perform significant load testing without first obtaining written consent (email permitted), as otherwise these may be treated as denial-of-service attacks;
- Sell, trade, resell or otherwise exploit the Services for any unauthorized commercial purpose;
- Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Services;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Services;
- Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Service’s administration display;
- Use the Services in connection with illegal peer-to-peer file sharing;
- Use the Services to “mine” bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies;
- Display any content on the Services that contains any hate-related or violent content or contains any other material, products or services that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third party rights;
- Modify any Service features;
- Collect personal identifiable information;
- Commit or assist in fraud or fraudulent activities;
- Disrupt or degrade the operation of any website or internet service;
- Engage in direct marketing;
- Engage in the unsolicited contacting of users;
- Engage in impermissible advertising or marketing activities;
- Infringe or misappropriate the rights of any third party;
- Create a security risk for Alegion or any third party. or
- Use the Services, or any interfaces provided with the Services, to access any Alegion product or Service in a manner that violates the Agreement.
Explicit or Offensive Content
Client may use the Services to create and perform certain tasks. If a Client’s task may contain explicit or offensive content (for instance nudity), Client must do the following:
- Include the following phrase in your task title: “(WARNING: This task may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.)”
- Require that workers have the Adult Content Qualification in order to work on your task. This qualification requires workers to acknowledge that they are over 18 and that they agree to work on potentially offensive content. If accessing the Services via the Utility Exhibit, you must indicate that the task may contain explicit or offensive content by checking the relevant box. If accessing the Services via either the Quickstart or Solution Exhibit, you must alert Alegion in writing as to the possibility that the task may contain explicit or offensive content prior to submitting the task to Alegion.
Client may use the Services to create and perform certain tasks. In addition to (and/or as some examples of) the violations described in the Agreement, you may not and may not allow, request, or direct any third party, to create a task that:
- Requires the disclosure of any third parties’, including any worker’s accessed through the Service, identity or email address, either directly or indirectly;
- Requires registration at another website or group;
- Directly or indirectly promotes a site, service, or opinion;
- Violates the terms and conditions of an activity or website (for instance asking workers to vote for something);
- Contains explicit or offensive content, for instance, nudity, but is not designated according the Explicit or Offensive Content Section above;
- Asks that workers solicit third parties;
- Generates “referred” site visits or click through traffic;
- Asks workers to take action to manipulate a website’s behavior or results;
- Violates the intellectual property rights of any party; or
- Requires workers to download software that contains any malware, spyware, viruses, or other harmful code.
This list of prohibitions provides examples and is not complete or exclusive. We reserve the right to terminate access to your account, your ability to post (or use the Services) with or without cause and with or without notice, for any reason or no reason, or for any action that we determine is inappropriate or disruptive to our Services or to any other user of the Services. We may report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be illegal, and any reports it receives of such conduct. When legally required or at our discretion, we will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity on our Services or on the Internet.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and our officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and business partners harmless from and against any and all costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs of defense) we or any other indemnified party suffers in relation to, arising from, or for the purpose of avoiding, any claim or demand from a third-party that your use of the Services or the use of the Services by any person using your user name and/or password (including without limitation, your participation in the posting areas or, your content) violates any applicable law or regulation, or the copyrights, trademark rights or other rights of any third-party.